Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:56:18 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bugzilla? (was Re: Okay, I think I need some serious introduction ;-)

Colin Percival wrote:
>   Continuing on with this process, what's the next step?  Specifically,
> after finding a bug, fixing it, submitting a PR with included patches to
> -CURRENT and -STABLE, and watching it sit in GNATS for 8 weeks, is there
> anything to do other than keep on waiting?

GNATS does seem to be in a logjam, and will clearly get worse as the
userbase increases.  Have the FreeBSD project thought about bugzilla?

Both GNOME and KDE have switched to it recently, finding their old bug
system (debbugs, I think) didn't scale.  In fact it seems to have very
useful features, like handling of duplicates, dependency tracking of
bugs, etc, which would (I presume) reduce the logjam quite a bit.  The
couple of times I submitted Mozilla bugs, I was impressed by the rapid
response (in one case it was a duplicate, and flagged as that within
minutes of my sending it).