Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 15:46:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  ports/x11/tix/patches etc.

 * What about taking the files needed by tix from the tk distribution and
 * put them in tix/patches or tix/files? Then you just need to add a -I
 * directive in the makefile so that tix can compile. That way the
 * usr/local/include directory remains clean. As long as we don't have
 * 100 ports requiring each 100kb of include files I don't see any
 * problem.

This will be a maintenance nightmare, even with much less than 100
ports requiring private headers.  When the tk port is upgraded, these
files are *guaranteed* to be out of date with the installed library.

Satoshi