Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:38:27 -0500
From:      "Will Senn" <wsenn@postfuture.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
Subject:   RE: ftp install question

Gerald said:

- So what exactly are you saying then? You're going to do what, with
-your existing computer? Erase it? Then load FreeBSD?

Heck no, I figured I would just dual boot the box.  I want to evaluate
FreeBSD not switch without knowing how it works.

Here's the deal, I have a cable modem - right? I could just download
the iso(s)...  I saw this nifty ftp 2 floppy setup note in the install
html doc.  I thought that I would try it out, not being the flaky sort
it occurred to me that in order to access my ISPs network I have to be
able to provide the hostname via a dhcp request.  This is becoming
typical, but has not always been so.  So I requested clarification of
the issue on this mailing list.  Here we are...

I hold out hope that someone knows if I can provide the hostname
parameter to dhcp.

As the discussion continued - the question became somewhat moot in that
I know what the ip and dns servers are (haven't changed yet). So, in
all actuallity I can enter them in manually and later change my nic
to use dhcp(probably).

Anyway, thanks for the assist!

Will