Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 15:16:16 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to ID DIMMs?

> The DIMM has 8 chips on it, all on same side, and each is marked by
> MK5264805T-10 98475.  Made in Taiwan.  My motherboard is an Acubit AX5,
> Intel 430TX, Award BIOS.
>
> Is it possible that the vendor sent me a 16Mb DIMM by mistake?

	Possible... but usually unlikely if it's a reputable dealer.
(Though I did once have that problem.) There was once a web site that had
a table of memory chip sizes that was pretty complete. It was on one of
the major resellers, Memorytime or something like that. I can't seem to
find the link it my bookmarks though. You may want to do a little
searching for it.

					Rick