Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 1995 19:33:13 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>, "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 0622 installation woes (/nfs not found)

>On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>
>> since I need to disable rfc1323 and rfc1644 negotiation for tcp connections
>> to other freebsd boxes to work.  Perhaps the boot floppies should just
>
>  "other freebsd" boxes?  As far as I can tell, only a few of the snap
>shots had problems with tcp extensions.  I don't we should be supporting
>nuances of snap shots now that we have a real release.

   He means through certain terminal servers. The TCP extensions are only
negotiated between machines that support them, and at the moment that mostly
means FreeBSD and other "Net/3" based machines. Justin's point is that we
should probably have these disabled so that people have a chance of getting
the bits installed (they should be enabled by default after installation,
however).

-DG