Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 04:32:40 +0700
From:      Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Retro-actively adjust port's deinstall operations?

On 6/11/2012 4:30, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> On 6/10/2012 4:27 PM, Adam Strohl wrote:
>> Where/when would this trigger?
>
> This could block the upgrade as soon as they try to build it if they
> already have the ini and do not have a sample file.

The issue is that most things (ie; people or portupgrade) do a deinstall
first, then a reinstall.  By the time the Makefile gets called for
reinstall its too late and in my testing everything is ignored for
deinstall because it uses the package's archived actions.

Or would this somehow hook on make deinstall too?
--
Adam Strohl
http://www.ateamsystems.com/