Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 20:36:58 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Jack W Doyle <n9ogk@juno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Photo manipulation SW

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Jack W Doyle wrote:

> I know that this may be the wrong mailing-list to ask, but I figured that
> since this is the multimedia group, I might as well ask :)
>
> Is there an equivalent of Adobe PhotoShop for FreeBSD?  I'm looking high
> and low for said piece of software, possibly even better than PhotoShop.
> I wouldn't mind if I had to get it on CD-ROM, because of all the bells
> and whistles.

netpbm, xv, urt, gifxxx, etc. See the graphic subdirectory of ports.

> A bit about Photoshop:  It's a Lose95 photo-manipulation software, with

No it isn't. Yes, it does have a port for win32, but it isn't win
specific. I actually think it originated on the Mac. I also think it has
ports to other platforms.

> all kinds of filters and effects and editing tools.  With it, you edit
> and manipulate an existing photo to your liking.

try gimp. It is free (actually, it is GPLed) and in the ports collection.

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.

> If this is the wrong mailing-list to post this question, then I'll shut
> up and go back to lurking :)

There is no better freebsd list.