Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:30:18 +0200
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: editors/openoffice-3 build failure (lingucomponent) and fix

On 07/28/2012 01:00, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:57:21AM +0900, Maho NAKATA wrote:
>> Sorry to say, but I cannot reproduce your error.
>> My testbuild was finished succesfully (in my tinder box)
>> on 9.0-RELEASE/amd64.
>
> I do think he should be using libexttextcat with libtextcat compatibility
> option.
>
> This change is one of the changes that happended in libexttextcat

Yes, I do.

Thank you, Bapt! I was thinking about changing everything non-standard
on my system one-by-one to try to find the reason, but I was still
hesitant because of the work involved. Now you saved me of trying that.

I would like to have both libreoffice and openoffice at the same time
and fortunately, using libexttextcat with libtextcat compatibility is
currently the only necessity... and that patch.

Does the patch hurt those with standard libtextcat?

If not, would you include it, although it does not fix the
clean/tinderbox case?

Or better: Would you accept a patch for the openoffice port that detects
if libexttextcat with libtextcat compatibility is installed instead of
libtextcat, properly depend on it in that case, and include the patch?

I am thinking of something along this lines (untested):

.if exists(${LOCALBASE}/include/libexttextcat/textcat.h)
.if exists(${LOCALBASE}/include/textcat.h)
LIB_DEPENDS+=	exttextcat-1.0.0:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/libexttextcat
EXTRA_PATCHES+=	${FILESDIR}/extra-patch-libexttextcat-lingucomponent
.else
IGNORE=	textproc/libexttextcat needs COMPAT_TEXTCAT enabled
.fi
.else
LIB_DEPENDS+=	textcat.0:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/libtextcat
.fi

Cheers,
Jan Henrik