Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:35:34 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        walter@pelissero.org
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, net@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org, Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RC NFS panic

> I've just done a further test.  I've mounted a directory tree from
> Vaio to Vaio using localhost (lo driver) and the test has run
> smoothly.  So chances would be good the bug is in the ep driver.
> Unfortunately...

Andre Albsmeier, who's seeing various network problems, is using
the xe driver (also PCMCIA I think), but the problems go away if
he uses an Etherexpress card on the PCI bus of the same machine.

It seems unlikely to be PCMCIA related ('cos it has nothing to do
with the networking itself) it may just be triggered in machines
with slower networking.

	David.