Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2012 05:34:02 -0000
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Richard Yao" <ryao@gentoo.org>, <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port of ZFSOnLinux solution for illumos-gate issue #2663 to FreeBSD

Useful stuff, you might be interested in the follow:-

Teach ZFS about geom stripe size so zpools are created with optimum ashift

I've got an updated patch which allows the min ashift to be configured.

It should be noted that the max working ashift appears to be 17
due the way labels use zio_read_phys with offset.

    Regards
    Steve