Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:45:38 -0800
From:      Lonnie Nunweiler <lonnie@valemount.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCM520 cpu

Hi,

I have been trying to get either picoBSD or standard FreeBSD 4.1 running on
a small system with an AMD SCM520 cpu and a TI PCI1211 PCI PCMCIA controller.

The trouble starts in that the cpu does not integrate a PCI-ISA bridge.  I
know pccardd will support the driver, because I have a Fujitsu laptop with
a Ricoh chip from the same series of  driver, and it works, in fact it even
works as far bask as ver 3.4.

Is there any way to force pccardd to use just a PCI interface, instead of
the ISA bridge stuff?  Or is there a replacement that handles straight PCI
devices?

Appreciate any help any of you can give.
Lonnie

Lonnie Nunweiler, President
Webworld Warehouse Ltd.
(250) 566-4698 - Voice