Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:21:04 -0500
From:      Michael MacKinnon <mackinnon.m@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   @home DNS server seems to be scanning my ports?

I keep getting these messages on my freebsd system:

"Connection attempt to UDP <my IP>:X from 24.69.255.196:53

where X is some port number. It's usually different. The latest ones were,
in series, ports 1034, 1036, 1037.

It seems to try to connect to 3-6 ports a day.

Does anyone know what these might be from? Is there a problem here?
Is the problem mine or my ISPs? Any way to fix it?

Tech Support said that it was the DHCP server trying to renew, but would
that be on port 53?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Mike.