Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:02:28 +0100
From:      Kjell Midtseter <junkmail@sensewave.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   acpi, apm and 5.3R

On my old 4.10 system I have set up the BIOS to turn the power on at 07:00,
and this works fine ensuring that the system will come back on
after a temporary mains failure when I am off on vacation.

No such luck om 5.3R
When I enter a shutdown -p now command I am told
System halted.
Push any button to restart.

If I then stop the PC by pushing the Power Off button,
the PC will not restart at 07:00 the next morning.

I have tried pulling the mains plug on a running system,
then insering it again after a while:
It does not start at 07:00....

I have experimented with disabling acpi, and compiling apm into my GENERIC kernel.

Thoughts appreciated
Kjell