Date:      Wed, 01 Feb 1995 15:09:13 -0800
From:      Eric Blood <eblood@winky.reno.nv.us>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: too many scsi disks

I thinky you need to reconfigure your kernel to add cdrom support.
However, I think that is the default in a normal kernel and you should
be getting a different error.

To tell you the truth your configuration is almost the same as mine.  The
only difference is that my second hard drive is another Maxtor (not a
Segate) and that my CD and tape drives are at lower scsi addresses (2 and
3 respectively).  So, check your kernel configuration to make sure
you have a sd0, sd1, st1, and cd0 defined.  If you still have problems,
let me know.

EVB