Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:27:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Default directory locations for Java ports

Ernst,

I have almost finished the modifications we discussed but some stupid
hacker has decided to exploit my machine :(
I can't logon anymore but thanks to the backups I made I can submit what I
have done so far. I've performed the basic tests (build, install,
deinstall) with my jakarta-log4j port.

So far, the mods handle :
 - USE_ANT (like USE_GMAKE) to set dependencies and can build
automatically a port by specifying ANT_TARGETS etc.
 - PLIST_SUB correctly set so we can use DOCSDIR, JAVA_APIDOCS etc.
 - INSTALL_JAR
 - JAVA_EXAMPLESDIR and all DIR related variables

Also a couple of other features.
I have done a short manual (latex) that you can find at the same url :

http://www.iut-gtr.univ-mrs.fr/~quiroz/freebsd/

Hope you can review it all (hope it works at least). I plan do reinstall
my system on monday so take your time ;)

Also, there is some weird behaviour about jikes dependencies: it seems
jikes is always in the build dependencies unless so enforce USE_JIKES=NO
but I haven't fully tested that so maybe I am mistaken.

Regards

Herve