Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:51:17 -0700
From:      vehemens <vehemens@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdefpriv usage (was: bsd versus linux device drivers)

On Thursday 11 September 2008 10:13:34 am vehemens wrote:
> Looks like the ioctl get randomly fails with ENOENT.

Turned out to be a bug in my code.

> Something else is going on with mmap get which fails with EBADF almost all
> of the time..

Looking at the man page and code, it appears that cdevpriv has not been
implemented for mmap.

I'm still somewhat confused about what cdevpriv is supposed to do.  I was
after per open private data association, and the code appears to only
implement per thread open private data association.