Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:12:13 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Acer Aspire 5672 and FreeBSD 6.2-beta1

I have just tested FreeBSD 6.2-beta1 (i386) on the AS5672 laptop (see
the archives of this ist for my earlier attempts.
Change from last time: the BIOs is update to version v1.3234 (release
date 08/09/06).

Behaviour is like before.

With no special "tweaks" (ie. nothing disabled), the bge network cards
in the machine fail to attach.
With ACPI disabled, and routing for irq 18 forced, bge works, but
without acpi, the machine get too hot within less than an hour.

dmesg's (standard and verbose) are on this page:
http://tingox.googlepages.com/aceraspireas5672andfreebsd

(along with any other info I'm able to dig up).
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,