Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:28:59 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@unixathome.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Your Makefile has been rebuilt.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:13:20PM -0500, Dan Langille stood up and spoke:

> Apparently, this is a "well known" problem (that was alleged by one person
> today).  But I've heard others over the past few days claim it was
> hardware.  It is definitely not a source code problem.  But a
> non-extensive search on both google and the freebsd archives failed to
> find the answer, but I did find several questions about the same problem.

Since this can happen during a make installworld after booting straight to
single user mode where the kernel knows nothing about the CMOS clock being
set to local time, I have already submitted a note on this that should be
included in the handbook's "make world" section.

This fix only applies to the situation where people have set their clock
and timezone settings set correctly, and due to adjkerntz -i not being run,
a time inconsistency occurs. It does not tell people what they should
already know, namely that it's important to have the clock and timezoen set
up the right way.

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany