Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:52:52 -0400
From:      "jeff.minick@nationsbank.com" <jeff.minick@nationsbank.com>,
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>,
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD from a DOS partition

system: compaq systempro/lt 4gig disk space 60m ram

tried running the cd from dos...didn't work.
help!  I have copied the entire 1st cd of release3.1 onto my DOS
partition(c:\freebsd\), I have also copied the bin dir from the 2nd cd into
c:\freebsd\bin.  I ran through the install and at the end of mounting the newfs
it said cannot extract distributions because they were not on the installation
media specified:
bin doc manpages proflibs dict info compat22

when i reboot to FreeBSD I get

no /boot/loader
>>FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:wd(0,a)/kernel