Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:56:36 +0200
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.1-RC2 - could it be that the installer does not write the MBR?

Hi,

I tried to install 9.1-RC2 amd64 on two disks that previously had some =
version of Solaris installed (with grub as boot-manager).
The installation would always be successful, but it would just boot to =
grub and then sit there.

It's a rather old G1 BL460C blade, but 9.0 installs flawlessly.

I didn't have time to really test it through because the server needed =
to get installed and it had taken me some time to realize what had =
happened.

Maybe someone might want to look into this.