Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Hummel <johanndirty@yahoo.com>
To:        Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help! /23 net (mask 255.255.254.0) beating me up!

Unfortunately this time around I am trying to do an
ftp install on a clean machine, so I don't have any of
these files yet. I moved the other machine with which
I was having problems to a sane network, changed the
ip and netmask in rc.conf, and it works fine. I can
tell you from memory that ifconfig showed sane values.
From what everyone tells me all I should have to do is
change the ip and netmask, and this makes sense. My
real question is 'is there anything special about
FreeBSD on this type of network?'. If other people are
using this type of setup happily, then I'll keep
looking at my network, box, and configs.