Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:26:11 -0500
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting rid of maxsockets.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 02:59:04AM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> I've looked over vmstat -z with a UMA kernel, it's really nice to know
> that everything is coexisting together now.
>
> There's one big target, though:  mbufs.  I know that Bosko put a lot of
> work into his new mbuf allocator, but if you could find a way to merge
> mbufs into the slab allocator the benefits would be huge.  Have you
> discussed doing this with Bosko yet?
>
> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

   As I have previously mentionned, mb_alloc *is* a slab-like allocator
but I am prepared to remove large chunks of it and instead glue-into UMA
if this can be done in a relatively clean and elegant manner which,
after looking at UMA, I've decided that it probably can.

--
Bosko Milekic
bmilekic@unixdaemons.com