Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:56:31 -0400
From:      Chad Day <cday@beachassociates.com>
To:        'David Johnson' <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: System intrusion

Ok, well, either way, I want to get more detailed log info on this guy.. I
need to get detailed ftp logging.  He keeps accessing the system on a daily
basis, so it will be easy for me to mount up evidence.

I installed wu-ftpd, backed up what has already been modified and moved it
elsewhere, I'm having problems turning logging on though.

In my inetd.conf:

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/ftpd ftpd -l -l

In my syslog.conf:

!ftpd
*.*                                             /var/log/ftplog
ftp.info                                        /var/log/ftplog

not logging though, even though I've kill -1'ed syslog and the inetd
processes.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Chad