Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:06:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XF86 install question

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Michael G. wrote:

>My question is this,
>if you install X as a pkg after the main system is
>installed..what gets installed?  I.E. does this include the
>source?  What fonts?  Which video drivers?

If you build X from source then you will be asked a few questions.
Depending on your answers you will get all of the above.

If you use /stand/sysinstall then there is a menu with choices that does
essentially the same thing. You may choose the sources. You get all of the
video drivers whether you want them or not. You may choose all of the
fonts.

In other words, the choice is pretty arbitrary. If you want anything to be
really custom you will need to build from source.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/