Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 11:37:09 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        langfod@dihelix.com (David Langford)
Cc:        mpp@freefall.freebsd.org, langfod@dihelix.com, tom@uniserve.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahc crashes

> and widely variing of the OS. I have noticed in the past that LINT
> seemed to about the only place that "undocumented" options were documented.
> It is unclear when "undocumented" options become more than just testbed stuff.
> I certainly dont expect current's LINT to be up-to-date but
> perhaps in the RELEASES or such.

to clarify my comments on this subject, that was what i meant too, i know
it's not "fair" to expect LINT on current being anywhere near up to date,
but i think releases are slightly different case...

random user who picks up the cdrom (ok, so i'm not one :p) has no idea
where to even look for kernel options if they are not quite familiar with
the system itself... or if they're not reading mailinglists...

even i was under impression 2.1.x didnt carry those AHC options, and my
mistake was not to make full search...

and reason why i'm not contributing myself is that i lack the skills... =(

mickey