Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 1999 19:21:27 -0500
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <dmaddox@conterra.com>
To:        Patrik Pehrsson <papehrs@dlc.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp, isdn and sio2 speed

The LavaPort's 16650 is clocked at 4x, so when you set it to 57600,
you're actually getting 230400.  If you try to set it to 115200, you're
trying to set it to 460.8Kbps in reality, and your modem almost
certainly
doesn't talk at that speed.

Re: buffer overflows, -current is a lot better on this issue, but I've
always gotten at least some overflows at 230.4Kbps.  Seems to be
unavoidable.