Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:36:25 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Nagy_L=E1szl=F3_Zsolt?= <nagylzs@freemail.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Invisible process killing the CPU

Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> 75% user, 24.2% system, 0.0% idle. Despite those stats, I do not see
> what is eating up 100% cpu time. I already restarted the computer but
> it is the same. This problem started some hours ago. The CPU is hot, I
> can feel it on the air stream pouring out the computer case. There are
> more people that should work with this computer, but they can't. It is
> terribly slow. Please help me.
Probably it is not a problem with the kernel (it was working before) but
I tried to upgrade to the latest 6.2 branch. make buildworld is so
incredibly slow that I don't think it will finish within a week. :-(
Compilation starts, but the C compiler only gets about 0.3% CPU time.
The remaining 99.7% is lost somewhere. :-(

  Laszlo