Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2013 20:06:58 -0500
From:      Vinny Abello <vabello@me.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: devel/gobject-introspection

Hello,

I've been trying to update my installed ports after doing a
freebsd-update from 8.3-RELEASE to 8.4-RELEASE. I haven't updated ports
in some time. Now that I've been running through and checking UPDATING
for various issues and paths forward, I'm running into an issue with
gobject-introspection not compiling. I'm not an expert, but I think it
has something to do with python.

This is where it fails:

  GISCAN GLib-2.0.gir
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./g-ir-scanner", line 44, in <module>
    from giscanner.scannermain import scanner_main
RuntimeError: not holding the import lock
gmake[2]: *** [GLib-2.0.gir] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection/work/gobject-introspection-1.36.0'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection/work/gobject-introspection-1.36.0'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection.

My system is running:

FreeBSD engbox.tellurian.net 8.4-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 8.4-RELEASE-p4 #0:
Mon Sep  9 23:00:58 UTC 2013
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I've tried everything I can think of including recompiling all
per-requisites. I can't seem to find anything related to this specifc
problem online. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Vinny