Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 21:02:58 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Rocket Raid 622 in AHCI mode

On 28.05.2013 20:46, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> On 5/28/2013 12:33 PM, Alexander Motin wrote:
>>> #
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to fix this controller to make it work better with ZFS
>>> and get better speeds ?
>>
>> Good question. One of several about these Marvell controllers, caused by
>> lack of any public documentation. :(
>>

> OK, thanks for responding. I figured if anyone knew definitively, it
> would be you :) I will just use the 3124 for now.  It has been pretty
> reliably for me to make these large storage appliances.
>
> Other than the 3124, do you recommend anything else ? I want to put
> together another 20TB storage appliance.  Faster is nicer, but cost is a
> constraining factor.

Aside from these Marvell's I don't know any other AHCI HBA with FBS
support. And HBAs without FBS are by definition are not suitable for
simultaneous access to devices on PMP.

Aside from AHCI, older Marvell's supported by mvs(4) like 88SX7042 can
do FBS, but IIRC they are also not very fast and I don't trues them much
either.

--
Alexander Motin