Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:06:36 +0300
From:      Dan Partelly <dan_partelly@rdsor.ro>
To:        Marie Helene Kvello-Aune <marieheleneka@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libifconfig: Initial code available, looking for feedback

Im interested in this work, I believe having libraries to interface  =
with various FreeSBD subsystems=20
would be a very valuable addition to FreeBSD.=20

A first comment:

=E2=80=94 from Github descrition --
"'m currently working on a library called 'libifconfig' which will =
provide
a C API to do the actual work that /sbin/ifconfig currently does, except
that of lib80211.=E2=80=9D
It is my opinion that this shouldn't be a monolitical libary, and at =
least two libraries
 should be created:

1. layer 2 access lib   		(universal )
2. protocol level libraries  	(initially  IP suite configuration would =
be more than enough)

Also, it may (or may very well be a stupid ideea, didnt thinked it =
throughly) to expose such config  APIs=20
using Nvlists. It makes using the API extremely easy. See nv(3) .