Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2016 05:38:42 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Atheros 9462 detected but nonfunctional

i wonder if its an rfkill switch setting. Is there an rfkill switch or butt=
on?

-a

On 8 March 2016 at 05:29, Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to diagnose an issue with an Atheros 9462 card.  The card is =
being detected, and seemingly works (reports no errors with wpa_supplicant =
and friends), however, the radios seem completely nonfunctional, as the car=
d doesn't actually transmit or receive anything (I checked by turning on pa=
cket logging and running scans/wpa_supplicant).

> There are errors reported in pciconf (it claims they are correctable erro=
rs): receiver error, bad tlp, bad dllp.  The Bluetooth subsystem also suffe=
red timeouts (very likely related).

> I have confirmed this is not a hardware problem by booting into Linux wit=
h a live memstick and running a scan.

> I'm looking for advise on likely root causes and how to go about diagnosi=
ng the problem (I've never diagnosed a problem on a *supported* card in Fre=
eBSD before, so I'm relatively unfamiliar with the process).