Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mef@cs.washington.edu
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org, ulbright@cs.washington.edu
Subject:   Re: Intel PR440FX motherboard anybody ?

Steve,

Last week you wanted me to check whether just using the SMP_TIMER_NC
option would work.  We updated to 3.0-CURRENT 4/29/97 and built the
kernel with the SMP_TIMER_NC option.  When booting the system we still
had the same problem with the APIC no connection stuff.  After
uncommenting the following defines in smptest.h the system seemed to
work just fine.

#define FAKE_8254_NC
#define IRQ_LO_NC

What additional information can we provide to you to help out in
fixing this?  As mentioned, the system we have is an Intel Buckeye
dual processor, which I believe uses a PR440FX motherboard.  Any way,
I suppose this motherboard should make it onto your rogue board list.

Marc

   From: Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
   Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:05:56 -0600
   > 1) needed to turn on "options SMP_TIMER_NC"

   I would be interested to know if this is still true with the latest code.  My
   last changes should make this only necessary if the motherboard lies about the
   timer/APIC connection.  The MP table I have on file for this board shows it
   properly declaring the missing connection, and thus the software should work
   without explicitly declaring it via SMP_TIMER_NC (with the latest code, this
   is a recent change).

   --
   Steve Passe	| powered by