Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 1995 18:25:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Move mt(1) to /bin?

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > Unless somebody objects, i would going to move it some day.
>
> I don't want to go doing this on a binary by binary as the need
> comes up.  There are several things that given the same above
> conditions should be moved to /, and several that could move
> the other way.

Ok.  NB: i've made the above threat since this seems to be the only
way to get opinions from other folks here...  This is not to say mt(1)
wouldn't be needed, it is.  While ``mt fsf'' could also be performed
by ``dd if=/dev/nrst0 of=/dev/null'', things like ``mt blocksize'' and
``mt density'' cannot be emulated.

> Also don't move things around with cvs remove/cvs add, contact me for
> a repository copy, otherwise history information is lost into the Attic.

Of course.  I didn't think about doing this myself.  I know that this
is the kind of stuff to leave for our Repository Meister. ;-)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/