Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:18:29 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Matt Bertrand" <jekyll@netfallout.com>
Cc:        "Scott Smith" <scott@lackluster.net>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with I7500 & GNOME

I'd be guessing that you have DNS issues (eg. slow/nonexistent reverse =

lookups).  =

> I have tried, but not to any great degree - I lack the skill necissary =
to figure out how to do anything with the output. When using top, all gno=
me-things (panel, gnomecc, any of the menus on gnomecc) stay in state con=
nec before they display anything. With that, one thing I saw in truss was=
:
> =

> connect(0x3,0xbfbff84c,0x13)                     ERR#61 'Connection ref=
used'
> =

> I'm not sure if that is normal - it doesn't seem to be. The hostname co=
mmand does work, and I've read the faqs on /etc/hosts.
> =

> -Matt Bertrand
> =

> =

> Scott Smith writes:
> > =

> > =

> > Have you tried truss or ktrace to see what's going on?
> > =

> > Scott
> > =

> =

> =

> =

> =

-- =

=2E.. every activity meets with opposition, everyone who acts has his