Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:50:18 -0400
From:      Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
To:        Raja Velu <raja@micronetusa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to tweak the contents of the initial .cshrc file

+---- Raja Velu wrote:

| Hi All,
|
| I am looking to customize the post-install process of a custom FreeBSD 4.6
| server. I would like to install some custom packages when a root user logs
| in to the system for the first time after a fresh install.
|
| If I knew where in the install CD1, the actual creation of root's .cshrc
| takes place, I thought I could add some custom script to that and take care
| of my post-install configuration process. If that sounds like too
| round-about a way to achieve what I want, please suggest alternatives.

I'm guessing root's .cshrc is simply a part of the tarball with the
initial structure of /.  I suppose you could change it and make your
own and tar it up again along with your other scripts to make a custom
installation package.

There's an "instant-workstation" port in FreeBSD where you can maintain
a list of packages/ports that you generally install on every OS
installation.  Using this config file for the instant-workstation port
will just install them all.  Is there such a beast in NetBSD pkgsrc?

--
Steve Tremblett