Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:56:17 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Rick Macklem" <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
Subject:   Re: 9-STABLE, ZFS, NFS, ggatec - suspected memory leak

---- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Macklem" <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
> At a glance, it looks to me like 8.x is affected. Note that the
> bug only affects the new NFS server (the experimental one for 8.x)
> when exporting ZFS volumes. (UFS exported volumes don't leak)
>
> If you are running a server that might be affected, just:
> # vmstat -z | fgrep -i namei
> on the server and see if the 3rd number shown is increasing.

Many thanks Rick wasnt aware we had anything experimental enabled
but I think that would be a yes looking at these number:-

vmstat -z | fgrep -i namei
NAMEI:                   1024,        0,        1,     1483, 25285086096,        0
vmstat -z | fgrep -i namei
NAMEI:                   1024,        0,        0,     1484, 25285945725,        0

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.