Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:09:10 -0500
From:      "Mike Rushton" <mrushton@epix.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   K6-2 support ????

For a while I have wanted to put a Unix clone on my old PC.

I have an old 486 that is a useful as a boat anchor (4 MB, HD ready to
kick...)  that I plan to gut and put in a new MB and like an AMD K6-2 300
(They are real cheap and I can use EIDE drives in it)

Is the K6-2 CPU supported ????

I am a total computer nerd and love Unix, having used SCO Xenix, SCO Unix,
and Solaris.  I am trying to get my boss to see the advatages of a non
windows OS for desktop PC's like FreeBSD or Linux, but he still clings to
Windows.  I have Windows 95 installed on my other PC and when he asks me if
I have upgraded to Windows 98, I tell him my next upgrade is a Unix clone.

Mike Rushton  mrushton@epix.net

Some favorite Fallen Flag roads :
    D&H     LV      CNJ     DL&W    PNER    The Laurel Line

Some favorite fallen Collieries :
    Huber   Harry E (Bucket of Blood)   Sullivan Trail   Prospect

Railroad and Anthracite Homepage :
    http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/6444
    http://NEPA.railfan.net

NERAILANDCOAL mailing list