Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 12:00:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: sup not working

As Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> FreeBSD supports transaction TCP.  Almost no other vendor does.  Most
> terminal servers' SLIP protocols aren't up to snuff with the new protocol
> and choke.  So, if you're sitting behind a SLIP link, you should turn off
> these features (ala sysctl) and inform your ISP that they should contact
> their terminal server vendor for patches.

Don't pass me the conical hat (i don't have any clue what T/TCP might
be good for and how i could make use of it), but i'm sitting behind a
FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 box as my SLIP dialup point -- so i guess i don't have
to disable it, right?

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/