Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:11:21 -0400
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
Subject:   Re: [CFT/RFC]: refactor bsd.prog.mk to understand multiple programs instead of a singular program

On Oct 2, 2012, at 10:37 , John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> This is very non-obvious to the public at large (e.g. there was no =
public=20
> response to one group's inquiry about the second ATF import for =
example). =20
> Also, given that you had no idea that sgf@ and obrien@ were working on=20=

> importing NetBSD's bmake as a prerequisite for ATF, it seems that =
whatever=20
> discussions were held were not very detailed at best.  I think it =
would be=20
> good to have the various folks working on ATF to at least summarize =
the=20
> current state of things and sketch out some sort of plan or roadmap =
for future=20
> work in a public forum (such as atf@, though a summary mail would be =
quite=20
> appropriate for arch@).

I take partial responsibility for the privacy of the discussions =
hitherto.
My apologies, it should have be moved out onto a public list sooner.

But, I would like to drive this to a solution on arch@.  We don't have =
an
atf@, but we do have a test@ and testing@.  We have too many mailing
lists already, so let's finish this up here if we can and then=20
continue talking on testing@.

Best,
George