Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 1995 14:01:49 -0700
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        hackers, hardware
Subject:   PCMCIA

I have just a second ago managed to plug first my ether, then my modem,
then my ether again and finally my modem again into my pcmcia slot,
and actually get it to work every single time.  :->

The code still needs some cleanup, but I hope to commit some of it
already tomorrow.

The architecture is there, now we just need to clean up the code, and
add more drivers (only sio & if_ed at this time).  For instance there
are a lot of DELAY() calls we need to loose, and power management still
needs to be folded in too.

People interested in working on pcmcia should make sure they are
subscribed to hardware@freebsd.org (send email to majordomo!).

Before you start working on a driver, send an email to hardware@freebsd.org,
maybe somebody else has some help to offer...

You can start to look at the current code today in:
	src/usr.sbin/pccard
	src/sys/pccard
	src/sys/i386/sio.c

Most of the honour goes to Andrew McRae, I'm just debugging this :-)

Poul-Henning Kamp