Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 2020 10:19:45 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        LuMiWa <lumiwa@dismail.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portsnap

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 9:42 AM LuMiWa via freebsd-ports <
freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Today I red again an email:
>
> Subject:    [HEADS UP] Planned deprecation of portsnap
> From:       Steve Wills <swills () FreeBSD ! org>
> Date:       2020-08-04 18:43:20
>
> And as portsnap user I have a question: Do they planning deprecation of
> portmaster too?
>
> Thank you.
> --
> =E2=80=9CWaiter! A cup of coffee without cream, please!
> I=E2=80=99m sorry, sir, we have no cream, only milk, so can it be a coffe=
> without milk?=E2=80=9D
>
> =E2=80=95 Ernst Lubitsch=E2=80=99s Ninotchka

I'm confused. other than dealing with ports, I don't see any relation. One
is a tool to update the ports tree on a system and the other is a tool to
install or update installed ports, regardless of how the tree was updated.
There are other non-deprecated ports that will continue to  perform both
functions.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com