Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:09:42 +0100
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help review the FAQ

On 11/20/12 20:25, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 19 November 2012 15:07, Aldis Berjoza <graudeejs@yandex.ru> wrote:

> I've migrated the comments on the mailing list to the wiki and will
> working on fixing them shortly.  Content patches are appreciated but
> not required. Ideally every row on the wiki will be either green or
> red.
>
> Fixing the content is a very long term project.

Probable addition
8.8 I get a lot of 'spurious interrupts detected' messages on a modified
i386 build kernel and my computer does not work right. What did I do wrong?

You have a single processor computer, build your own customized kernel
and disabled
options SMP (multiprocessor).
Probably you also disabled the line below,
device          apic                    # I/O APIC

This is code for the advanced programmable interrupt controller which
also controls interrupts for your attached devices, being ethernet cards
and others.
Do not disable this device.