Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:17:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@TheWorld.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status, USB/Olympus E-10

>Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:08:56 +0200 (CEST)
>From: Nick Hibma <n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org>
>To: Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
>cc: "freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>,
>        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
>Subject: Re: Status, USB/Olympus E-10
>
>> >The fact that it reboots without reason is very very strange indeed. If
>> >that is the case, check that your machine is grounded properly. Static
>> >electricity nuked my Win2k box every once in a while when I did a sync
>> >with my Palm.
>>
>> Grounding definitely not a problem; system doesn't panic
>> until I try to mount the device.  Based on another message
>> thread in -stable ("very old bug") I wonder if it might be
>> related: the E-10 is supposedly a MS-DOS filesystem, & I
>> think it is readonly (not sure, though).
>
>Does it, or does it NOT panic on mount? If it panics the problem should
>be easy to track down. If it doesn't panic there is a fat chance that it
>still is something hardware related.

Yes, it panics on mount.
Sequence:
0.  usbd running
1.  Connect camera - camera is detected & identified
    additinally, camcontrol works, i.e. rescan detects proper
    SCSI device(s)
2.  (try) mounting it - immediate panic & reboot, panic is a
    divide by zero someplace

Previous email indicated that it appears to be a problem
with the "geometry" of the device.  It gets a zero
someplace in "CHS"(?), thus the divide by zero.  <shrug>

-kc