Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2015 08:28:41 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recognizing & using a Broadcom wireless mini-PCI card?

--0OkqknLvuh6i3jtt

My current laptop (Dell Precision M4800) mostly works well under
FreeBSD; one of its shortcomings is that the wireless card with which it
came shows up as :

none1@pci0:3:0:0:       class=3D0x028000 card=3D0x00171028 chip=3D0x43b114e=
4 rev=3D0x03 hdr=3D0x00
    vendor     =3D 'Broadcom Corporation'
    class      =3D network

After reading bwn(4) a bit, I had thought/hoped that perhaps the
lack of recognition of the device was because I hadn't loaded the kernel mo=
dules that bwn(4) cited.  So I tried inserting:

if_bwn_load=3D"YES"
# siba_bwn_load=3D"YES"
bwn_v4_lp_ucode_load=3D"YES"
bwn_v4_ucode_load=3D"YES"

into /boot/loader.conf & rebooting (to ensure that the modules were
present as early as possible... no joy: the above was obtained after
such a reboot.

As a circumvention, I've swpped the iwn(4) card in from my revious
laptop, but it's not exactly ideal, either.

How might I help get the above-described Broadcom device functional
in a FreeBSD environment?

Thanks!

Peace,
david
--=20
Those who murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.

--0OkqknLvuh6i3jtt

--0OkqknLvuh6i3jtt--