Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:34:09 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating security/nss

--=-zlLiT29Fzi9MYbQr/NwO

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 00:31 -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 11:26 pm, you wrote:
> =3D Thanks, but I have already been testing my own update to NSS, and tha=
> =3D will be committed when I'm done.  Check the archives of this list for
> =3D diff.
>=20
> Great. I hope, you'll find it possible to use some of the features of my
> version nevertheless. In particular:
>=20
> 	. do not build/use NSS' own version of -lz;
> 	. do not build/use NSS' own version of db (patch-sysdb);
> 	. patch the tests, so they can be used automatically;
> 	. fix a lot of compiler warnings and some warning-identified
> 	  bugs.

The tests will not be run automatically.  Most users don't care about
this, and Kris is working on creating a regression framework for package
builds on the cluster.

As for the other things, you're free to modify the diff I sent out to
the gnome list.

>=20
> Yours,
>=20
> 	-mi
>=20
> P.S. I just realized, that our recent upgrade of devel/nspr should've
> bumped the major library version(s) :-( The new version provides some
> stuff, that is required to build the browsers -- without the major
> number bump, the browsers will not be able to LIB_DEPEND properly.

The browsers use their own version of nspr.

Joe

>=20
>=20
--=20