Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:43:29 +0200
From:      Stefan =?iso-8859-1?Q?E=DFer?= <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Marcus Grando <marcus@sbh.eng.br>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DWL-520+ and others cards

On 2003-07-22 00:59 -0300, Marcus Grando <marcus@sbh.eng.br> wrote:
> Hi List,
>=20
> I search driver for DWL-520+ but FreeBSD support only DWL-520. After=20
> that, searching freebsd-mobile mail list, i found many comments saying:=
=20
> "freebsd don=B4t support dwl-520+ because this card contains another=20
> chipset". On web i found this driver for linux that support many=20
> wireless cards: http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
>=20
> Maybe, this code help on freebsd support many others cards...

I had a look and found, that the driver comes under a
BSD licence and that BSD is mentioned as a target OS!

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/acx100/

I'm waiting for an Atheros based access points and cards
to become available in Europe (the Linksys 55AG products
look very interesting to me), but ACX100 support would
definitely fill a gap ...

Regards, STefan

PS: I'll contact one of the ACX developers and ask about
    their actual planned level of BSD support.