Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:37:14 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/86199: Missed AMD64 motherboard

On Friday 16 September 2005 05:48, Mike Smith wrote:
>       MSI K8M NEO-V is not listed in the section covering amd64 compatible
> motherboards.

That's one issue, which should be PR-ed as described on the motherboards page.

> Also there seems to be a lack of support for the VT8237 SATA
> Raid controller.

Er, you mean

atapci1@pci0:15:0:      class=0x010400 card=0x80ed1043 chip=0x31491106
rev=0x80 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'VIA Technologies Inc'
    device   = 'VT8237  VT6410 SATA RAID Controller'
    class    = mass storage
    subclass = RAID

That one? It works just fine on Asus & Gigabyte boards.

> onboard sound also results in hard locks, randomly, especially when vchans
> are enabled.  I'm using the VT8237 Audio as well.  Any help with this would
> be greatly appreciated.

I've managed to lock my Asus board once with mpg123 foo.mp3 & mpg123 foo.mp3,
but sound in general is fine as well.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot