Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:11:12 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "George Kontostanos" <gkontos.mail@gmail.com>, "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LSI 9240-4i 4K alignment

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Kontostanos" <gkontos.mail@gmail.com>
To: "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>; <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:38 AM

> After contacting the manufacturer we got this response:
>
> ------
> My apologies for the wrong information provided in my previous email.
> I was under the impression that this OS is still supported but after
> checking with our developer,  FreeBSD is currently not supported with
> the LSI Megaraid Cards due to some issue with the driver we've
> provided. It will be supported in our upcoming releases which may come
> by the end of this year.  Please check back on our website during that
> time frame for the FreeBSD driver.
> Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
> -----

I would ask them if they have a fix, as if they do there's nothing
stopping you building a custom kernel with the update.

Its quite common for big companies to not "officially" support until a
release but that doesn't mean they don't have a fix if you know what I
mean :)

In addition to this we're running LSI 2008 based controllers here on
8.2-RELEASE + manually merged in mps driver with ZFS just fine. They
aren't running 4k aligned but they are working well.

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.