Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:11:52 -0700
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        bapt@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Ron@FreeBSD.ORG, McDowell <rcm@fuzzwad.org>, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>, Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] sysutils/bsdconfig: Replacement for sysinstall(8) post-install configuration abilities

Hi Bruce,

On Jun 24, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Bruce Cran wrote:

> On 21/06/2012 00:40, Devin Teske wrote:
>> If you have the time and/or energy, please test and report any issues th=
at you experience.
>=20
> I've noticed a few typos and other minor issues:
>=20
> In bsdconfig(8):
>  Contains a link to itself under SEE ALSO.
>  "bsdconfig takes a commands as an argument" - should be "command".
>=20

Fixed.

> bsdconfig mouse:
>  Typo "se Configuration menu".
>  "Please Specify the mouse daemon flags" - don't need upper-case S.
>=20

Fixed.

> bsdconfig hostname:
>  The example should probably be in the example.com domain.
>=20

Replaced with "full.example.com"

> bsdconfig netdev:
>  "Select a TCP/IP network interface to configure" doesn't need "TCP/IP".
>=20

Done.

> bsdconfig nameservers:
>  "Please enter the new TCP/IP address of the DNS nameserver" should just =
be "IP address". "TCP/IP" is being used where just "IP" was needed in other=
 places too.
>=20

Done.

> 'bsdconfig command -h' doesn't always work:
>=20

Enough people complained about this, that=85 it too is "fixed" (though I ar=
gue that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having "-h" be invalid to ge=
topts -- the end result is the same with exception to the "illegal option -=
h" extra-line of output that everybody seems to complain about. Also mind y=
ou, that much of the FreeBSD Operating System suffers from this ""bug""

> > bsdconfig hostname -h
> Illegal option -h
>=20

Like "tzsetup -h" and many others that are this way. I just can't win (inco=
nsistencies everywhere in the system w/respect to this).
--=20
Devin

P.S. Fixes are in the up-coming 0.7.3 PORTVERSION of sysutils/bsdconfig.

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.