Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:21:57 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@kukulies.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   help - hosed my system -need -current kernel

I did a build world (make world) on a today's -current cvsup - maybe I
should have done buildworld or something that works smoother.

Anyway I was nearly through  wothout a kernel been built yet
and the binaries were already installed. You know what happens then.
invalid system call and core dumps on nearly every /bin/binary.

I had planned in case of failure to counter this by booting a live CD, mount
the source tree and get through building a new kernel from a mounted
src environment.

But the 5.0 system I had on CD had problems recognizing my
second FreeBSD partition on the bay drive of my Dell Inspiron 8000.
I could mount /dev/ad2s1 (ad2s2 is a NTFS) and it did not see
/dev/ad2s3 (Under 5.1 and 5.1-current I was able to mount /dev/ad2s3)

Anyway, what I urgently need is a -current kernel with a /boot
or any other advice to pull myself by my own hairs out of this soup?

Can anybody help me?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de